Nokia E7 has 250 MB internal memory, 16GB mass memory, RAM 256 ROM 1024.
- It has no card slot for memory expansion.
Nokia E7 has easy to use email facility with the support of attachment for e.g. images, videos, music and documents. It has full screen email viewer. Email inbox widgets can be configured to the home screens which show the title of the inbox and the two latest emails and the home screen widgets will update as new emails arrive automatically.
- One big ease of emailing is Nokia E7 keyboard which is easy for users to convey their messages.
- User can make multiple email accounts and security protocols are also supported.
- Setting up and using email on the Nokia E7 is also very straightforward. There is support for Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Windows Live, Hotmail and POP/IMAP services and, most importantly for professional users, Mail for Exchange.
Nokia E7 music player has an Album that has art user interface and user can browse the albums in your music collection. Also it has Ovi Music which has unlimited service in selected markets. It has stereo FM radio with RDS support. Nokia E7 has HD 720p Video playback on HD TV through HDMI cable. A beta application made by Nokia called Big Screen provides a gallery for music playback, video selection and playback, picture gallery, and slideshow with music.
- Nokia E7 has FM radio which has a simple user interface and supports RDS and alternative frequencies which makes its audio quality better.
- RDS displays the station name and some extra info like their website URL and the alternative frequencies feature automatically re tunes the radio to another frequency broadcasting the same station when the first signal is weak.
- Nokia E7 has support for downloading, streaming, and progressive downloading.
- It has support for flash videos.
- Videos can be output over HDMI to a TV/Monitor or Projector.
- The Nokia E7 can output Microsoft Office Power point up to version 2007 over HDMI in HD. This means that PowerPoint presentations can be delivered from the Nokia E7 to any device that will accept HDMI (or DVI) like board rooms, conference rooms etc.
- The Nokia E7 also mirrors the screen output over the HDMI connection without the Big Screen application other than when displaying videos or QuickOffice PowerPoint full screen which is in HD.
- Nokia E7 cannot play any file that is larger than 2GB, it also couldn't handle the 720p MKV files.
- Video player does not have sub title support.
The camera is 8 Mega Pixel Full Focus, which means that everything is in focus all the time, the camera does not need to spend time adjusting focus depth to whatever is in the field of view. Nokia E7 has Dual LED flash. User can easily pinch his fingers to zoom in photos image viewer.
E7 has an EDoF camera. Extended Depth of Field means that optical and software tricks produce images in which everything from about 40cm to infinity are all in focus all the time, automatically. EDoF means that non-technical people can pick up a phone and take pretty decent casual snaps without worrying about waiting for focusing or depth of field or even snatching at the photo, since capture time is very fast indeed so in daylight it's almost impossible to blur an EDoF photo.
- It allows you to zoom up to 3x while shooting 720p video without loosing sharpness or detail as you normally would and generally works very well.
- With the support of EDoF novice user can also take good snaps without any worries of focus. No time spent waiting for focus to adjust.
- The Nokia E7 includes a dual LED flash for the camera which can function as a torch when needed.
- Nokia E7 has Ovi Store which guides through taking multiple pictures and the application stitches the pictures together automatically after the pictures have been taken.
- With Nokia E7 close ups like about half a meter suppose 19m can't really be photographed with any clarity. Close ups are not very clear.
- When a specific depth of focusing camera is used the background of pictures are often out of focus which is not very often how it looks to the naked eye.
Nokia E7 has facility of full web browsing of real web pages and user can browse with touch control.
- User can do browsing easily with touch control.
- Nokia E7 has pretty good packing in Flash Lite 4, HTML, XHTML MP, WML and CSS support. This means that you can view web pages just as you would on a desktop PC.
- Nokia E7 web browser won't let you open a new tab unless you hit a pop-up link.
Software and Application
It has Symbian^3 OS for Nokia. It has Flash Lite 4.0. Nokia E7 has support of Preloaded applications, Mail for Exchange, Quick office dynamic premium, Adobe PDF reader, F-Secure Anti-theft for Mobile, Ovi Maps with free GPS navigation and PC Applications.
- Nokia E7 looks snappy if user runs heavy application or if he has opened a lots of application in the background. It does not support lots of application running at one time.
- It gives error message of "Out of memory" if a user browses any heavy page. Unfortunately, software like the browser is not very much supportive on a modern platform.
Should I buy Nokia E7 or not?
Nokia E7 no doubt is a beautifully designed hand set with superb sliding keyboard. Nokia E7 doesn't disappoint is in its styling and build quality. Camera is decent but it is not good for close ups. User can not run heavy applications so easily but it has support of flash lite so it gives you an appearance of Desktop pc. Nokia E7 is best in business reception strength, loud and clear earpiece, smart touch screen dialing etc.
Hardware keyboard is also the best. We don't think there is any other smart phone with a better QWERTY keyboard than the E7. We recommend this handset Nokia E7 for business users especially who wants to keep their business profiles updated and tasks done on time.